What you missed at #PropTechDen
On April 12th we held the very first #PropTechDen event since our investment arm, LiFE Ventures, took over it. Anxiously setting up we fretted, would anyone come? Would people enjoy it? Did we have enough cakes? Thankfully, our sweaty brows soon dried up as lots of people arrived, mingled, and got seated to watch the pitches. The pitchers all did a great job talking in front of over 100 people and getting a grilling from our judges. Here's a snapshot of what happened:
For this event we had three very knowledgeable judges with a wealth of experience in investment and property. They were able to grill the pitchers after their presentations. They were:
- Max Ashton – CEO of Ashton Mortgage & Finance LTD
- Philip Mundy – Founder of goodlord, and founder & Co-CEO of Forward
- Diana Tatarchuk – Specialist in global corporate credit, asset backed and special situations investments
We had 5 start-ups pitching at this event. They were each given 10 minutes and 10 slides to present their business, and 5 minutes question-time with the judges. The pitchers were:
- Tennoc: Tennoc connects all the apps you use everyday within one place, specifically tailored to the property industry.
- Edozo: The commercial property workflow and market research platform.
- No White Walls: Affordable customised luxury rooms for rent in modern house-shares. Helping the UK redefine rentals as a smart home option for the future.
- Virtual Commercial: VC are the UK’s online commercial property estate agent. Nationwide sales and lettings of all commercial property types, including business sales.
- Blyng: An online virtual estate agent bot that qualifies leads 24/7 through Facebook chat.
Afterwards there was plenty of time for networking and munching cake baked by our very own Business Development Manager Dani, (yeah, you missed out on that too).
Thanks to everyone who attended - we hope you made some great business connections and learnt about where the world of PropTech is heading. We are looking at dates in early Septemberto host our next #PropTechDen so keep your eyes peeled for more information on that coming soon.