The LiFE Rental Process Guide
At LiFE Residential, we understand the rental process can be a demanding one, with lots of paperwork to provide and checks to pass. We bet you can't wait to get settled in your new home. To help make your rental experience with us as stress-free and efficient as possible, read our guide to what you can expect when choosing to rent with LiFE.
After browsing tons of properties on property portals and our website, you've got your eyes set on the one. Together with one of our local property consultants, you went to see it and... it's a match. We're thrilled we've found the property that is right for you!
Here's what will happen upon acceptance of your offer by the landlord:
1. The landlord will sign an offer letter to confirm in writing that they wish to proceed with your offer.
2. Once this offer letter is signed, you will receive an email from Goodlord, our tenant onboarding platform, inviting you to sign up and proceed to pay the reservation fee, which is 1 week's rent.
3. Once the property is reserved, Goodlord will invite you to upload your references. References required include:
- Employer's reference: verifies your contractual annual income/hours and job title/status;
- Landlord’s reference: not applicable for overseas landlords, however full details must still be supplied;
- 6 months’ of UK bank statements: these need to be uploaded within 24 hours of receiving the email.
- ID & visa, if applicable;
3. Once your documents are submitted on Goodlord, we await the response from your referees to complete the referencing process. On average, this part of the process will take between 3-5 working days, but may take longer if we are still awaiting information from your referees.
Referees receive an automatic link to complete the referencing process: the sooner references are submitted, the sooner the referencing process is complete. We will be in contact if there is any outstanding information required.
4. In the meantime, whilst you're waiting for referencing to complete, we also must check you have the right to rent in the UK, as required by government legislation. For this, we need to take a copy of your original passport (or visa, if applicable.) Online copies are not accepted and the check must be done in one of our branches.
To complete the Right for Rent check, contact your consultant who can book you in at a time and branch convenient for you. The branch must not be the nearest one to your chosen property.
5. Once referencing is complete, please sign the tenancy agreement and pay the move-in monies, 7 working days before your move-in date using Goodlord. The amount will also be detailed in Goodlord. We recommend starting to collect the monies now so it is ready for transfer when you sign the tenancy agreement:
Move-in monies include:
- 1 month's rent;
- Security deposit - 5 weeks of rent;
- Reservation fee you paid at the beginning of the process is subtracted from this amount.
Goodlord must have received the monies before keys are handed over to you. Goodlord then transfers these funds to LiFE Residential.
5. Book your check-in at the property with a LiFE Residential consultant, where keys will be handed over to you and we'll show you around your property and complete some checks.
Your consultant is on hand to help on move-in day and to answer any questions you have about your new home. This could include showing you how to use certain appliances, checking the hot water works and checking everything works as it should.
6. You're all moved in! Enjoy your new home!
Thank you for choosing to rent with LiFE.