Our fees & charges
Our standard lettings service is charged at 10% exc. VAT (12% inc VAT). This includes:
- Extensive advertisement of the property and investment in the marketing of the property to ensure we can get you the best possible rent. You will find the property advertised on Rightmove, Zoopla, and other portals in addition to local newspapers
and magazines like The Wharf, London Property Magazine, The City and Canary
Wharf to name a few.
- Conducting viewings of your apartment to prospective tenants.
- Negotiating on your behalf and the prospective tenant to ensure that we can get the best rent and terms.
- The tenants will have an employment and previous landlord reference (if applicable) and a credit check performed on them to assess their suitability for your property and to minimise risk and provide you with peace of mind.
- Preparation of tenancy documents.
- Agreed collection of move in monies including the security deposit, which then will be transferred across to the landlord after the agreed deductions and pre-tenancy invoices.
Our standard management service is charged at 6% exc. VAT (7.2% inc VAT). This includes:
A dedicated property manager to be your one point of contact for yourself and the tenant in regards to any aspect of the day to day management of your apartment. Including:
- Assisting you with any queries pertaining to your property
- Assisting with any queries from your tenants and reporting these directly to you
- Assisting with any maintenance issues within the apartment
- Liaising and managing contractors to attend to repairs
- Ensuring work is completed to a satisfactory standard
- Managing tenant move ins
- Managing tenant checkouts
- A dedicated Account Manager to be your one point of contact in relation to all accounts related processes, including:
- Rent collection
- Payment of service charges and ground rent (upon your instruction to do so)
- Payment of utilities
- Payment contractor invoices
- Issue of monthly and/or annual statements
- Should you want to terminate or extend the tenancy, our dedicated property managers will arrange the service of notice on your behalf or the renewal of the tenancy agreement.
- You will be given access to our online portal which provides you with an exceptional reference to your property, including photographs, tenancy status, direct links to your key points of contact and much more.
Charges in addition to lettings or management fees:
- Preparation of Tenancy Agreement £240 inc VAT (Landlord's share)
- Preparing the tenancy agreement including carrying out references.
- Preparation of Renewal Agreement £180 inc VAT (Landlord's share)
- Contract negotiation including preparation of renewal agreement.
- Tenant's deposit protection scheme membership fee (Per assured shorthold tenancy and subsequent renewals) £45.60 inc VAT
- Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with one of the government authorised schemes.
- Provide the tenant/s with the deposit protection certificate and prescribed information within 30 days of the start of the tenancy.
- Preparation of Inventory (please note an annual inventory will be required for each new tenancy)
- A detailed inventory (schedule of condition) will be conducted by an independent inventory clerk, prior to the start of the tenancy.
- Price is determined according to size and furnishing of the property:
- Studio / £156 inc. VAT
- 1 bed / £156 inc. VAT
- 2 bed / £180 inc. VAT
- 3 bed / £198 inc. VAT
- 4 bed / £258 inc. VAT
- Checkout £138 inc VAT (Landlord's share)
- Set up an appointment with the tenant to agree the checkout date.
- Instruct an inventory supplier to attend.
- Carry out the negotiation between landlord and tenant for any dilapidations, from the security deposit.
- Return the deposit after coming to a mutual agreement between landlord and tenant.
- Transfer any disputed amount to the relevant scheme for a final review.
- Unprotect the security deposit.
- Follow up any repairs with the contractors, obtain quotes and arrange works to be carried out accordingly.
- Submission of non resident landlords receipt to inland revenue £114 inc VAT charged quarterly
- Administering and forwarding monies to the inland Revenue in the event that a landlord/s is not excepted for the non residents landlords scheme and do not have approval to receive rents gross.
- Energy Performance Certificate (including digital floorplan) £228 inc VAT, charged every 10 years
- Legally required since October 2008.
- Must be kept on file for any property being marketed, and a copy must be given to tenants upon move in.
- The survey must be carried out by a credited domestic energy assessor.
- It consists of an energy efficiency rating and an environmental impact rating.
Optional Charges in addition to lettings or management fees:
- Handover Fee (only applicable for brand new properties upon completion) £250 inc VAT
- This service includes snagging, in order to submit the defects to the developer for rectification and follow up.
- Studio / £300 inc. VAT
- 1 bed / £300 inc. VAT
- 2 bed: £350 inc. VAT
- 3 bed / £400 inc. VAT
- 4 bed / properties 2,000 + sq ft / Subject to site survey
- Re-inspections / £100
- Rent Protection and Legal Eviction Cover £180 inc VAT
- A cover for 12 months per tenancy on rent up to £2,500 per month.
- If the rent exceeds this amount per month, the premium will be 1% of the annual rental amount.
- The insurance company will cover any loss of rent and legal charges in arrears until vacant possession can be obtained.
3. Contents Protection Policy Cover (an excess of £300 applies per claim)
The policy incorporates cover for contents, public liability and loss of rent through damages.
- Studio / £10,000 / £120 inc VAT
- 1 bed / £15,000 / £180 inc VAT
- 2 bed / £20,000 / £240 inc VAT
- 3 bed + / £35,000 / £360 inc VAT
4. Additional Property Inspection Fee £108 inc VAT per inspection
- To attend for specific requests.
- Drawing up a report with links for pictures to follow up on any maintenance issues.
Fees for safety regulations:
- Gas Safety Check £132 inc VAT.
- Legally required to be carried out annually if applicable based on the gas safety regulations 1998.
- Electrical Safety Inspection (including Portable Appliance Test) £108 inc VAT.
- Legally required to be carried out on any property classed as an HMO, based on the electrical equipment regulations 1994.
- To be undertaken to ensure all electrical appliances are tested and are safe within the property.